Future Business and GDPR
Future Business, and all our online Brands (Future Hosting, Future Mail, Future Telecom, FBI Cloud) all adhere to the same policy to the right to be forgotten.
If you require a copy of your data or wish to be deleted from our database, log into our client portal From here you will see all relevant data.
Needless to say there are certain things we need to keep for various compliant reasons, like Revenue Requirement etc.
But here is the oxymoron of the GDPR Right to be Forgotten and why we will be doing the following:
- Client requests the right to be forgotten
- Future Business will adher to this for marketing purposes BUT we will HAVE to store your request to be forgotten, which in effect will remember the client. But this is the only way we can ensure that you do not receive marketing emails
- Prior to fullfilling a manual request there are certain key information that if we are providing a service to you that we NEED to keep, for example (but not limited to:)
- Domain Registration, we need to keep and as part of the domain whois and ownership a valid live working email and contact
- SSL Cert - this is the same
- General Billing information and history of payments
- Various 3rd party license files
- Databack ups - We store our emails that also get backed up for a total of 90 days, with our cloud based email service we and our clients email who utilise the managed service also can enjoy a further back up if required. Clients who are looking for us to "forget" even this correspondance, again certain files will need to be removed and if a client wshes to recevie a copy of all email correspondance we can supply this upon request.
To raise a manual query please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 5 working days.
The following statement outlines Future Business's policy regarding the privacy rights of visitors to our website.
For each visitor to our website, our web server recognizes only the visitor's domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible).
We collect aggregate information, based on which pages consumers access or visit, in order to improve the content of our website.
We collect e-mail addresses ONLY voluntarily given to us for subscription to THEFUTURE News, a list-serve e-mail that we use to notify customers and or interested parties about special offers and updates to our website. Occasionally we may include special offers from companies whose products and services we feel you may be interested in.
We NEVER make your e-mail address available to any other company or organization. We fully adhere to the Data Protection Act (1988) Ireland.
Read The Data Protection Act in pdf format for Adobe Acrobat.
If you supply us with your postal address, you may receive periodic mailings from us with special offers and product announcements. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please contact us here or writing us at the address shown below, or fill in the form below and select "removal", you will then receive a confirmation e-mail that you will be removed within the next database update (usually within 12 hours). Your correspondence should include e-mail, name and address and a short note requesting us to delete your name from our postal mailing list. If you have supplied us with your postal address, we will NOT supply it to any third party company or organisation.