Articles » How to configure your email client for IMAP » Email Setup - New IMAP Support Windows Mobile 5
To set up your Windows Mobile 5 for IMAP
If you follow these following steps you should be fine:
- Make sure that you have your current password, if you do not we DO NOT keep these on file (this is for security reasons and all passwords are encrypted on our server and we do not keep the key!), so we will have to generate a new one for you. Please contact us here for your details, remember to include your email address that you want reset.
Assuming now you have your username, these are the settings that you require
- Incomming or imap server is imap.fbi.ie
- select ssl as connection security type
- port is 993
- Outgoing or smtp server is smtp.fbi.ie
- Select TLS for security connection type
- port 587
- Open the Start menu and select Messaging > New Account....
- Select Other (POP3/IMAP) for your e-mail provider and select Next.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in sent messages.
- Enter your Gmail address (including '@domain.ie') in the E-mail Address field.
- Uncheck 'Attempt to obtain e-mail settings from the Internet', and select Next.
- Enter your email address (including '@domain.ie' or '@your_domain.com') in the User name field.
- Enter your email password in the Password field.
- Leave the Domain field blank, and select Next.
- Select IMAP4 for the Server Type.
- Enter a descriptive name for account in the Account name field.
- In the Network field select how you want the device to connect to the Internet to access email IMAP, and select Next.
- Enter 'imap.fbi.ie' in the Incoming Server field, and check Require SSL connection.
- Enter 'smtp.fbi.ie' in the Outgoing Server field, and check Outgoing server requires authentication.
- Select Outgoing Server Settings.
- Make sure 'Use different user name for outgoing server' is NOT checked.
- Make sure 'Require SSL Connection' IS checked.
- Select Done.
- Select Next.
- You can change how much mail is downloaded to the phone. Adjust these preferences if desired, then select Next.
- Select how often you want the device to automatically check for new messages, and select Next.
- Select Finish.
- Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.