Articles » How to configure your email client for IMAP » Email Setup - New IMAP Support Thunderbird 2.0
To set up your mozilla Thunderbird Email client V 2.0 (that is if you do not want to upgrade to version 3 which you can get here
If you follow these following steps you should be fine:
- Make sure that you have your current password, if you do not we DO NOT keep these on file (this is for security reasons and all passwords are encrypted on our server and we do not keep the key!), so we will have to generate a new one for you. Please contact us here for your details, remember to include your email address that you want reset.
Assuming now you have your username, these are the settings that you require
- Incomming or imap server is imap.fbi.ie
- select ssl as connection security type
- port is 993
- Outgoing or smtp server is smtp.fbi.ie
- Select TLS for security connection type
- port 587
The following is a simple step by step screen shot guide to do add these records. You can get to here by selecting Tools on the navigation panal at the top and Account Settings.
SERVER INFORMATION SCREEN
PERSONAL DETAILS SCREEN
SMTP SERVER SETTINGS ON THUNDERBIRD 2.0
SMTP SECURITY SETTINGS ON THUNDERBIRD 2.0