Articles » How to configure your email client for IMAP » Email Setup - New IMAP Support Apple Mail 2
To set up your Apple Mail 2 email client for IMAP
- Make sure that you have your current password, if you do not we DO NOT keep these on file (this is for security reasons and all passwords are encrypted on our server and we do not keep the key!), so we will have to generate a new one for you. Please contact us here for your details, remember to include your email address that you want reset.
- Assuming now you have your username, these are the settings that you require
- Incomming or imap server is imap.fbi.ie
- select ssl as connection security type
- port is 993
- Outgoing or smtp server is smtp.fbi.ie
- Select TLS for security connection type
- port 587
For Outgoing Mail Server, enter 'smtp.fbi.ie'; select 'Use Authentication'; enter your full email address next to 'User Name'; and enter your password. Then click 'Continue.'
Outgoing Mail Server
If setup is successful, you'll see the screen below. Then just click 'Done.'
Click the 'Server Settings...' button.