Articles » How to configure your email client for IMAP » Email Setup - New IMAP Support Symbian OS
To set up your Symbian OS for IMAP
If you follow these following steps you should be fine:
- Make sure that you have your current password, if you do not we DO NOT keep these on file (this is for security reasons and all passwords are encrypted on our server and we do not keep the key!), so we will have to generate a new one for you. Please contact us here for your details, remember to include your email address that you want reset.
Assuming now you have your username, these are the settings that you require
- Incomming or imap server is imap.fbi.ie
- select ssl as connection security type
- port is 993
- Outgoing or smtp server is smtp.fbi.ie
- Select TLS for security connection type
- port 587
- Select 'Messaging' > 'Options' > 'Settings' > 'E-mail' > 'Mailboxes.'
- If you have never set up email on your phone before, select 'Yes' to define a new mailbox. If you already have other mailboxes, select 'Options' and then 'New mailbox.'
- Select 'Start' to begin the setup wizard.
- Select 'IMAP4' and then 'Next.'
- Enter your full email address (including '@domain') as the email address and select 'Next.'
- Enter 'imap.fbi.ie' as the incoming mail server and select 'Next.'
- Enter 'smtp.fbi.ie' as the outgoing mail server and select 'Next.'
- Select the appropriate access point and then 'Next.'
- Enter a descriptive name for the email account mailbox name.
- Once your mailbox is set up, select it from the email mailbox settings screen.
- Select 'Connection settings' > 'Incoming e-mail.'
- Enter your address (including '@domain.ie' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
- Select 'SSL/TLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '993.'
- Select 'Back.'
- Select 'Outgoing e-mail.'
- Enter your email address (including '@domain.ie' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
- Select 'StartTLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '587.'
- Select 'Back' and change any other settings according to your preferences.
- Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.