Articles » How to configure your email client for IMAP » Email Setup - New IMAP Support Windows Mobile 6
To set up your mozilla Thunderbird Email client V 3.0 for IMAP
If you follow these following steps you should be fine:
- Make sure that you have your current password, if you do not we DO NOT keep these on file (this is for security reasons and all passwords are encrypted on our server and we do not keep the key!), so we will have to generate a new one for you. Please contact us here for your details, remember to include your email address that you want reset.
Assuming now you have your username, these are the settings that you require:
- Incomming or imap server is imap.fbi.ie
- select ssl as connection security type
- port is 993
- Outgoing or smtp server is smtp.fbi.ie
- Select TLS for security connection type
- port 587
To configure IMAP for your Windows Mobile 6 device, just follow these steps:
- Enable IMAP in your email settings.
- Open the Start menu and select Programs > Messaging > New E-mail Account.
- Enter your email address (including '@domain.ie') in the E-mail Address field*.
- Uncheck the box that asks to get settings automatically from the Internet and select Next.
- Select Internet e-mail as your email provider in the drop-down menu.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in sent emails.
- Enter a descriptive name for the email account and select Next.
- Enter 'imap.gmail.com' in the Incoming Mail Server field.
- Select IMAP4 as the Account type from the drop-down menu and select Next.
- Enter your full email address (including '@domain.ie' or '@your_domain.com') and password.
- Select Next.
- Enter 'smtp.fbi.ie' in the Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server field.
- Make sure that the Outgoing server requires authentication box is checked.
- Select the Advanced Server Settings link.
- Make sure that the Require SSL box is checked for both incoming and outgoing emails.
- Select The Internet as the network connection from the drop-down menu.
- Select Done and then Next.
- Select how often you want your phone to send/receive emails from the drop-down menu.
- For more download options, select the Review all download settings link.
- Select Finish.